Archie's Calligraphy - 9/6/9 Copperplate, Spencerian Portrait - A4 (21 cm x 29.7 cm) Natural White Extra Smooth 120 GSM Paper, Pad of 50 Sheets
Archie's Calligraphy paper has been specifically developed for calligraphy with dip pen nibs & fountain pens. The thickness of the paper is 120 GSM with a natural white / ivory colour, lending the paper an elegant look. The Archie's Calligraphy paper comes in the following 7 variants; Plain, 9/6/9 Copperplate, 6/4/6 Copperplate, 1.25 mm Copperplate, 1.25 mm Straight, 1.25 mm Italic & 7.5 mm Italic.
1.25 mm Straight Portrait
This pack contains paper printed on one-side with delicate but well visible guidelines for straight (upright) scripts like medieval calligraphy (e.g. Gothic, Texture, Fracture, Uncial, Batarde, Carolingian hand). Guidelines are also suitable for learning and practicing modern calligraphy. The printed lines neither dominate the page nor spoil the graphic composition of the work. Vertical letters are guided by the pink lines, the letter size is not fixed. The 1.25 mm thin blue lines with a broader line every 5 lines allow wide range of sizes from tiniest to very large letters. Because of their flexibility the guidelines may be used with all sizes of broad nibs. Guidelines are printed in portrait orientation.
Designed specifically for calligraphers, especially for people who are learning or practicing calligraphy, it can also be used for other purposes such as writing letters. Special emphasis was put on paper quality, which has been tested with many inks. It suffered no feathering, blotting or bleeding through with most inks. The paper has a high degree of smoothness, which makes it non-scratchy and unmatched in calligraphy with a dip pen nib; sharp pointed, flexible or broad. The good quality and smoothness of paper is important at every stage of learning calligraphy, but especially at the beginning because it saves the beginners a lot of frustration, problems and discouragement when learning to write with dip pen nibs.
Archie's Calligraphy paper is an ecological paper from renewable sources, is certified by the FSC (Forest Stewardship Council) and is acid and chlorine free. The paper is certified for archival purposes and is suitable for storage for at least 200 years.
- 1.25 mm Straight Portrait; Thickness – 120 GSM / 56 lb; Size – A4 (21 cm x 29.7 cm or 8.26” x 11.69”); No. of Sheets – 10; Texture – Extra Smooth; Colour – Natural White / Ivory
- Designed for Calligraphy with Dip Pen Nibs (Sharp pointed, Flexible or Broad) & Fountain Pens; Tested with many inks without feathering, blotting or bleed-through
- High degree of smoothness makes it non-scratchy in calligraphy with a dip pen nib
- Acid & Chlorine Free; Archival paper; Paper can be used on both sides & for writing letters
- Made in Europe; Printed in Portrait orientation on one-side with delicate but well visible guidelines for straight (upright) scripts like medieval calligraphy (e.g. Gothic, Texture, Fracture, Uncial, Batarde, Carolingian hand); Guidelines are also suitable for learning and practicing modern calligraphy; Printed lines neither dominate the page nor spoil the graphic composition of the work; Vertical letters are guided by pink lines, letter size is not fixed; 1.25 mm thin blue lines with a broader line every 5 lines allow wide range of sizes from tiniest to very large letters; Guidelines may be used with all sizes of broad nibs
Glue Bound Pads have flip-over covers.