Winsor & Newton Calligraphy Ink - Bottle of 30 ML - Violet (688)
Winsor & Newton Calligraphy Inks are pigment-based, water-soluble and permanent offer outstanding colour brilliance for professional and amateur artists. These are perfect for the art of calligraphy.
Calligraphy is noble and old art-form, has been used in various forms since ancient times. From ancient Greece and Rome to the Middle Ages, calligraphy was seen as both a skilled art and the main source of written communication and expression until the invention of the printing press. Calligraphy today is increasingly popular and is enjoyed by artists from all over the world.
Winsor & Newton have used their expertise in the production of fine inks since the 1890s to create a wide range of 18 lightfast colours with carefully chosen pigments which ensures colour brilliance, allowing today's calligraphers to continue to create this important and flourishing art form.
All the colours are available in 30ML bottles.
The inks have been formulated with carefully chosen pigments to ensure maximum colour brilliance. Single pigments have been used where possible to enable clean colour mixes.
Winsor & Newton continually strive to provide artists with the most permanent colours. Winsor & Newton Calligraphy Inks have been formulated to provide the artist with an unrivalled level of permanence and quality. All the Calligraphy Ink colours have a permanence rating of AA or A.
The 14 blue-capped bottles contain thinner, more transparent inks with a satin finish. They're suitable for dip-pens, fountain pens, technical pens and airbrushes. And four red-capped bottles are opaque and should be used with a dip-pen or brush.
The formulations of the Inks are not waterproof ensuring they are non-clogging and have good flow characteristics when used in a Fountain or Dip pen.
- Colour - Violet (688); Colour Series - 1; Permanence Rating - A- Permanent; Opacity - Transparent / Semi-Transparent
- Pigment based, water soluble, non-clogging, lightfast, transparent inks with satin finish.
- All 18 Colours have permanence rating of AA or A, but are not waterproof.
- Blue capped bottles are suitable for dip-pens, fountain pens, technical pens and airbrushes and red capped bottles should be used with dip pen or brush.
- Calligraphy Ink from France; Conforms to ASTM D4236; A vivid mid-shade purple pigment. For use with dip pens, fountain pens, technical pens and brush.